1) Be sure to add the @jasta5.org domain to your safe senders list in your email system.
2) Register for the event at http://www.jasta5.org/events/index.htm AND register on the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) After the event registration is complete it will automatically walk you through registering on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum