First post!

New recruit candidates are asked to carefully follow these instructions:

1. If you have not already done so, report immediately to the recruiting tent at http://www.jasta5.org and submit an application to the German Army Air Service and Jasta 5.

2. Register on this forum and follow instructions for activating your account (you must click a link in an activation email sent to you during the registration process).

3. Log back on to the forum after you activate your account.

4. Join the "Rekruit" user group. To join the Rekruit group after logging on to the forum:
- click on the User Control Panel (UCP) in the upper left corner of the forum window.
- click on "Usergroups".
- click the radio button located far right of the "Rekruit" user group
- scroll down to the bottom of the page
- make sure the drop down menu indicates "join group" and click submit
- click "Yes" to confirm and wait to be taken back automatically to the previous page.

You should now see "Rekruits" listed as a group you are a member of.

- select the radio button that now appears to the left of the "Rekruit" group.
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Default Group" in the lower left corner and confirm submit changes.

5. IMPORTANT: make a post here confirming that you have submitted your application AFTER joining the Rekruit user group described above. Click on the Luftstreitkräft header link to be taken into the forum area to make your post.

6. After you have made your first post on the forum, scroll down and locate the newly appearing "RoF New Recruit Induction and Orientation" forum area. Follow the additional instructions found there.

NOTE: new recruits are initially given probationary access to areas on the forum but are not able to post as they read, watch, learn. At the conclusion of your probation, (as you become involved with the Jasta and get promoted and participate in the life of the group more fully via Teamspeak and flying with us) you will be able to view/post more freely throughout the forum. This helps new recruits not make any mistakes or blunders early in their career.

7. Start visiting us on Teamspeak via the Radio Room at http://www.jasta5.org. Ask questions!

Congratulations on starting your career with the Greentails of Jagdstaffel 5!
J5_Bender
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

First post!

Unread post by J5_Bender » 10 Nov 2018, 15:50

S!

J5_Sturm
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: First post!

Unread post by J5_Sturm » 12 Nov 2018, 11:04

S! schlammteufel (HellBender)

Thanks for coming in yesterday, it was great flying with during Vintage missions. Welcome aboard.
S*A*L*U*T*E ;o)
Herr Sturm

J5_Bender
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Unread post by J5_Bender » 12 Nov 2018, 16:40

Thank you, Sturm! It was a pleasure meeting some of you (again). We'll hopefully get a bit more time to talk and properly introduce ourselves sometime this week.

As Gamecock has said, I may very well be talked out of changing my name, since I'm more than likely going to be called Bender anyway.

I don't really have much choice in the matter, even the Captain calls me that when we see each other in real life :lol:

Not sure what he is going to do. No one really calls him Darling anyway. Helmut is what he was called in his Red Baron 3D days.

J5_Sturm
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Sturm » 13 Nov 2018, 00:05

Great! I hope I can be here when that happens as I am traveling this week end to family's home for Thanksgiving holiday.

As far as the name goes Schlammteufel actually means Mud Devil in German and Höllenbender means Hell Bender. ( I think LOL)

It seems I remember Helmut during RB3D but can't be sure. (I have slept since then). Whatever you two chose for a name will be fine. I am glad you two came back to the sim.

If we can team with some of the other units in joint exercises we just might get some new and return players. (power in numbers)
S*A*L*U*T*E ;o)
Herr Sturm

J5_Gamecock
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Gamecock » 13 Nov 2018, 03:05

Oh I like "Mud Devil"... Yes, I like it a lot!! :lol:

However, I can't imagine you as anything but Bender. My advice is just go with it.

The Kickin Chickin

J5_Sturm
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Sturm » 13 Nov 2018, 10:51

I agree with Gamecock, besides J5_Bender also has a catchy ring to it.

With our line up J5 would be like a hurricane in a rice patty (when it comes through all that's left is mud)

That sounds silly but then again so does Grape Ne-Hi. :lol:
S*A*L*U*T*E ;o)
Herr Sturm

J5_Bender
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Unread post by J5_Bender » 14 Nov 2018, 17:48

It’s settled then, J5_Darling and J5_Bender it is! We had our first quick go on NFF last night with our new names, but couldn’t stay very long. We also mostly still use Steam voice chat (when it works) but we’ll join the J5 teamspeak whenever we can.

My main concern is that we don’t clog up the comms with our chatter, since we are pretty much constantly calling out what we’re doing inside the plane (boiling tea etc.). In the past we would use an open mic to each other and push-to-talk to the rest of the channel, but that would also lead to confusion about what we communicated just to each other or to the channel at large. It won’t be a problem for flying scouts, at least.

For the record, Schlammteufel is the actual animal called hellbender (mud devil in German), but I agree that Bender is what people call me anyway.

J5_Sturm
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Sturm » 15 Nov 2018, 10:55

Yes I saw you two in NFF and as I was coming in and choosing my plane, you two were gone when my plane entered the field. I saw in chat were you typed nn to everyone. I was thinking to my self :shock: was it something I said? Maybe I should have offered them a Grape Ne-Hi :lol: ( Sturm humor, Grape Ne-Hi is drink of choice for Radar in the TV series MASH ).

I do understand the constant chatter and witnessed that when I saw your videos. I was wondering why it was very hard for anyone to close to you two in game. 3 or 4 to 1 is not a very good record for the bad guy when one plane kept 5 busy :lol: .

I am gonna try the tactic you two use next time I fly, which is never get mixed up in the fur ball.

I am on most every night during the week. I usually do not stay very long because I go to bed very early in order to get up very early to fix breakfast and lunch for my wife before she goes to work.

Is Steam chat easier? or Is it just more convenient? We do have many channels on TS. When I am on I always enter voice comms' in case a team member comes in the game.

At any rate I am glad to see you two come back to the sim.
S*A*L*U*T*E ;o)
Herr Sturm

J5_Josef Mai
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Unread post by J5_Josef Mai » 22 Nov 2018, 19:09

Wait...WHAT? The Gruesome Twosome joined up with Jasta 5? Oh,bliss...the skies willy be so-o-o much safer for us Deutsche Flieger now!
Welcome Meine Herren!

Salute!
Josef Mai, Fhnr.
ImageImageImage

J5_Darling
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Unread post by J5_Darling » 29 Nov 2018, 23:45

S! Hi all!
Hope to fly with you all soon!

J5_Sturm
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Sturm » 30 Nov 2018, 13:16

S! Herr Darling,
Welcome to the unit. We are pleased to have you and Bender

We usually fly FIF on Saturdays and Vintage missions on Sundays. I know you have been working the past few weekends and has been difficult for you to get on. I usually check each day during the week and saw you and Bender on and as I was entering the server you two were already exiting. If know what time GMT you are usually on I will make a effort to catch you on. I always sign into J5 TS when I am on. Hope to see you this Saturday if you don't have to work

I can fly either ROF or FC. I think the rest can as well. Chunko and Darrell only fly ROF.

I am hoping to get everyone back to practice sessions on Saturday. But this may take some time in doing.

Again welcome and hope to see you soon
S*A*L*U*T*E ;o)
Herr Sturm