2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
This first Vintage Mission of the year will take us to the Battle of Vimy Ridge (Bloody April Revisited). There is quite an extensive mid 1917 planeset and as objectives are completed, different plane types will become available. Mission objectives will appear at the bottom of the screen every 1min and new orders issued every 40min. Once a mission objective is announced, it stays active for the duration of the mission until it is destroyed / completed. Subtitle objectives are only visible to the players on the same team.
The mission will start at 1800GMT, 5:15am in game time, just before dawn.
Weather report: Heavy clouds at 1500 m, poor visibility. Wind 5 m/s from the West
The Allied forces are on the offensive. Their air force has to support the ground troops by targeting tactical targets and flying photo recon patrols to determine the enemy defences.The Central forces are on the defensive. They have to make sure the Allied aircraft are kept away from the battlefield while the bombers attack the enemy's line of communications.
Orders will be repeated every minute by subtitles. Please follow these, you can't complete objectives until the order has been given!< (note: you can't see subtitles in the hangar).
Certain planes are only available when they are needed (bombers, recons).
Photo Recon: Fly to one of the specific areas at medium to high altitude (2000-3500m) in the aircraft named "Photo Recon" and wait for the camera icon when over one end of the leg. Make photos using the camera icon and cover the whole area. The higher you fly, the easier it is to have complete coverage. Don't forget to bring a camera! Recon aircraft with photos can land at any active field.
Historical Background: The Battle of Vimy Ridge was a military engagement fought primarily as part of the Battle of Arras, in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of France, during the First World War. The main combatants were the Canadian Corps, of four divisions, against three divisions of the German Sixth Army. The battle, which took place from 9 to 12 April 1917, was part of the opening phase of the British-led Battle of Arras, a diversionary attack for the French Nivelle Offensive.
Good luck all pilots and observers S!