2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
This week's Sunday Vintage Mission will see us in the St. Mihiel Salient area of the map in mid 1918. This map is set several months before the big St. Mihiel Offensive that started in Sept. 1918.
Date: May 16, 1918
Mission Objective: Each side needs to accomplish three important objectives. The side that completes all three objectives first will win.
Entente is tasked with photo recons and Central is tasked with artillery spotting.
These are subtitle based recons and artillery spots so there will be no camera icon, you will be directed by subtitles on screen. Subtitles are
visible to all players on your side to aid in coordinating flights and escorts.
Once pictures are complete, you will get a subtitle message saying to return to base. Once pics are complete, there will no more subtitles if you stay above recon area.
To be successful on a photo-recon mission you need at least 10 photographs at 2500-3500m (10,000ft).
***IMPORTANT NOTE: PHOTO RECONS MUST LAND AT THE TWO SEATER AERODROME FROM WHICH THEY LEFT***
To successfully direct your artillery fire you need to hover over the observation area at 2500 m for at least 6 minutes. Hover with your mouse
over the target icon to see a description of the target. You will get a message if you leave the area telling you to return.
The only plane that can make photos or do artillery spotting is the two-seater that is named likewise. Only one such plane (per side) can be in
the air at any time. There are more two-seaters available for escort purposes. There is no particular order in which the targets should be
Weather: Clouds at 1250m, wind 3m/s from the north west.
Good luck gentlemen!