2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
Central forces on the offense while Entente is tasked with defending territory. Once announced in game, subtitle objectives remain active for
the duration of the mission or until they are completed.
Historical Background: The Third Battle of Aisne, from 27 May-6 June 1918, comprised the final large-scale German attempt to win the war before
the arrival of the U.S. Army in France, and followed the Lys Offensive in Flanders. The focus of the offensive was the Chemin des Dames Ridge,
held by the Germans upon their retreat from the Marne in September 1914 until their ejection, at huge cost to the French, during the Nivelle
Offensive, also known as the Second Battle of the Aisne, in April 1917.
Mission Start Time: 1800GMT
Third Battle of the Aisne - Securing the Flanks
Date: May 27, 1918
Time: 15:00 (in game)
Entente: Protect ground forces, Intercept enemy aircraft, reconnaissance
Central: Reconnaissance, attack enemy ground forces, bomb tactical targets. Orders will be issued in the game using subtitles. Please follow
these (note: you can't see subtitles in the hangar). Certain planes are only available when they are needed (bombers).
Contact patrol: Fly to the specific area at low altitude (1000m) in the aircraft named "Contact Recon". When over target follow subtitles.
Photo recon: Fly to the specified target at altitude (between 1250-4000 m) in the aircraft named "Recon". When directly over the target, use
camera icon to take 10 pictures.
Combat patrol: Patrol over the specified area, as marked on the map. Patrol altitude is between 1500m (intercepting low targets) and 4000m (high
Close escort: Other two-seaters can provide close escort by flying in formation with the recon plane and defend with their rear guns.
Ground attack: Low-level attacks against enemy positions, guns, vehicles and tanks.
Bomb target: Bomb the specified target from altitude because of heavy AAA near the targets.
Weather report: Light cumulus clouds at 700m, good visibility. Wind 5 m/s, from the west, 270.