2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
After 5 weeks of Jasta 5's epic event, Black September, we are going to keep the "100 years ago today" theme going with this week's
Vintage Mission. This Sunday will see over the Somme for an all out bomber offensive. No recons are necessary, however targets are very hard and take large bombs to destroy.
Previous versions of this map gave Entente forces too large of an advantage with the powerful Breguet bombers. On this version, we will have limited Breg's. This will make the primary offensive bombers Gothas and Handley-Pages. It is late 1918 and the situation is desperate. September saw the Central forces carry the day, but this is October and the Entente forces are looking for payback!
Date: October 14, 1918
Location: Somme River, France
Both Allied and Central Squadrons are ordered to: (1) Destroy all enemy targets marked on the map; (2) Fly offensive patrols over enemy lines to intercept enemy aircraft. Both AI and human flown bombers will have to destroy important targets for the upcoming final offensive. The more targets they can destroy, the better they will be prepared for the following battle. The first side that destroys all targets will have won this "bomber offensive".
Weather: Will match real world conditions at location on Sunday.
Good luck gentlemen S!