2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
Here is the situation: It is a desperate mission in the Sissonne sector that puts the Entente scouts having to destroy trucks and trains just behind the enemy lines as it appears a counter attack is massing after a failed Entente offensive and limited ground attack 2 seaters are available.
Two points to pay attention to.
1. "Laser flak" has at long last been eliminated on both sides and over the mud. The machine guns are still there and are a threat, but it isn't suicide to attempt a low level attack.
2. Most airframes are limited on both sides and aircraft replace individually every 5min, however if you run completely out of a type of airframe, it is 30min before they will be replaced. So, use the aircraft wisely and try to return them to the aerodromes when possible.
Entente is furnished with unlimited DH2's and Central has unlimited EIII's.
Good luck gentlemen!
Standoff in Sissonne
Date: November, 1916
Intel report: Recent Intelligence reports indicate that the Germans might prepare a counter attack after our failed offensive. A lot of troop movements have been spotted just behind their lines. French escadrilles stationed at Bonnemaison Ferme are operating from forward airfields at Vauxcere and Maizy, supported by a small contingent of RFC and AFC Squadrons. In a desperate attempt to prevent an immediate counter attack, the scouts are ordered to strafe the enemy transports.
**Note: Limited Entente reconnaissance two seaters have been pressed into service as bombers, however reinforcements are not available and Entente two-seater airframes will not replace if lost!**
German HQ is anxious to know what the state is of the French defences therefore a photo recon missions have been requested. If the recons are succesful, German bombers are to attack targets behind the French lines.
Entente forces will attack enemy transports; vehicles and trains. Central Forces will have to defend the transports and recon the enemy lines. How to complete a recon sortie: Take the special recon plane (Recon Plane 1,2,3,4) and fly to one of the endpoints of the recon area at the designated height (see map). Follow subtitles. You must land at an active airfield.
Weather report: We will attempt to match real world weather conditions at the time of the mission.
- Posts: 802
- Joined: 15 Sep 2006, 01:13
- Location: South East, South Carolina