2013 Aug Service Record

This is where pilots are recognized for victories, accomplishments, and service performed both on the ground as well as in the air. Please congratulate and honor them and seek to emulate their achievments!
J5_Bäumer
Adjutant
Adjutant

2013 Aug Service Record

Unread post by J5_Bäumer » 18 Sep 2013, 02:46

Note: thank you for everyone's patience and cooperation as we accommodated the new rules changes and integration of Wargrounds data into the awards

PILOT AWARDS, APPOINTMENTS AND PROMOTIONS:
To contribute to the successes and victory of the Jagdstaffel, should be each pilot's highest desire. It is through promotions and awards that our unit is able to recognize many of the Jasta's accomplishments over the recent month(s) by commemorating and acknowledging those who have played a part or role - some large, some small; some purposeful and some incidental or even accidental - in our success.

By honoring these individuals, we honor and recognize ourselves, whatever our rank or position. Those who are recipients may reflect upon the honor it is to bear these remembrances of all our efforts and preserve for history, and the memory of all, those fellow Green Tails who have lifted them up and made these things possible - some who fly beside us in formation and some who have fallen out of our formation forever.

“ATTENTION TO ORDERS!
The following pilots will step forward out of ranks, front and center! By the order of the Kaiser, as requested by Hpt. Paul Bäumer and approved by Staffelführer Hans Berr, be it known to all... that for service to your country and duties performed for the Jagdstaffel... for conduct consistent with the Pilots Code of Jasta 5 and for actions in the air crucial to victory for the Fatherland... the following pilots have earned certifications, promotions, awards, and Orders as follows...

Promotions

GD - Feldwebel

Matthias - Faehnrich

Service Awards
Commendations in recognition for your individual performance and contributions to the Jasta victory for the month, as noted on Syndicate Parser Summary (top five pilots lists) -

Bauernopfer, GD, Numm

Commendations in recognition for your individual performance and contributions to the Jasta victory for the month, as noted on Wargrounds Parser Summary (top five pilots lists) -

Flashar, Mueller

Achievement
Pour le Merite - Numm!!!!!

Also See Below

Bomber Efficiency:
August Summary:

Current Average Streak Length Highest

Matthias: 5.1223 23.5172 14 months 40.12

Prosit!

ImageImage

J5_Vorlander
Oberfähnrich
Oberfähnrich

Re: 2013 Aug Service Record

Unread post by J5_Vorlander » 18 Sep 2013, 09:23

Well Done on the promotions Herr Matthias and GD. Gents look great in the new uniforms.

Baie geluk Herr Numm. Jy lyk sommer pragtig met die medalje.

Great Work Herr Flasher and Mueller. Kill the all.

:D
J5_Vorlander
Fähnrich
Jagdstaffel 5

J5_Matthias
Leutnant
Leutnant
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States of America

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 18 Sep 2013, 13:58

Grats to GD! Well deserved! Very good month for you sir :)
Awesome job on the Pour le Merite Numm.

And hey look who else got promo - hey wait a minute!
*Confused double take*
:?

:shock: Oh no! What did I do! What happened!

So, uh guys... at some point in the past few months apparently I had a blackout and got myself busted down a rank. Any ideas? :oops:

- Was it the half a keg of kostritzer I drank by myself that one Staturday?
- Or did I not just dream landing that Gotha on the train of flatbed cars at the Cambrai railyard on a dare from my nose gunner?
- Or did I punch some fat Colonel in the face for stealing my girl?

Obviously I can't remember so please help jog my memory - most creative and awesome explanation and date of the "incident" you determine gets officially put on my pilots page and into the official record once it's back up with credit given in thanks for your assistance.

Three notes:
1. The date(s) of the "blackout" and "demoted" period must fit between May 4th and September 17th to fit in with the timeline of events.
2. Can't believe you guys let me keep wearing the Fr. tag on TS and having Fähnrich in my forum sig this whole time without telling me I got stripped of them!
3. Yes I'm officially taking the demotion and repromotion on my record unless Herr Baumer says no. Lord knows I've totalled enough of the Kaiser's valuable flying machines doing "stupid" stuff to earn it. :lol: But the Gotha Abuse Test Labs must remain open - FOR SCIENCE!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

One...Two...Three...Go!
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Vorlander
Oberfähnrich
Oberfähnrich

Unread post by J5_Vorlander » 18 Sep 2013, 16:49

Herr Matthias,

I think you are the blue eyed boy of the Chief. He loves you so much that he would like to promote you everyday.

Enjoy it again.

Lol
J5_Vorlander
Fähnrich
Jagdstaffel 5

J5_Matthias
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 18 Sep 2013, 18:54

J5_Vorlander wrote: I think you are the blue eyed boy of the Chief. He loves you so much that he would like to promote you everyday.
Hah, that's a good one! Baumer and I do think a lot alike but I have too much of an independent streak to have ever been someone else's pet.

I think of Matthias of Jasta 5 more like an extremely introverted mad scientist from a good "b" sci-fi movie.

I live somewhat aloofly in a hangar bay on the edge of our airfield - where Baumer graciously gives me time, space, and materials to work with for conducting experiments, tinkering with aircraft, and plotting extreme strategies which Jasta 5 can then unleash upon the unsuspecting and unprepared Entente. If the possible impact of said work were to run in a bell curve say from approximately "defective kid's sparkler" to "thermonuclear warhead" - the goal is to average on the side of the latter in terms of effectiveness.

Anyway, continuing with the analogy, the typical "B" movie Mad Inventor/Tinker is almost never one of the top officers in the chain of command - that's not really his gig. He's a wildcard that gets thrown into command temporarily on the fly to cover a gap or to oversee a very precice tactical execution inside of a larger effort - and seeing that thermonuclear mushroom cloud of great success in the distance as he retreats from the battlefield is what he lives for.

Shiny metals, immaculate uniforms, and dinner parties are all well and nice, but all he really wants is for someone to let him keep working and plotting grand strategies back in his laboratory. :wink:

For those of you with an interest in psychology - Kiersey Temperment Sorter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiersey_Temperament_Sorter , INTJ Mastermind.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Mueller
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Mueller » 18 Sep 2013, 19:46

Herr Matthias, I remember this evening not too long ago where we had watched you drink that Half keg along with copious amounts of shnapps, mumbling something incoherent under your breath about going down behind the lines of a young fraulien that walked past the Bierstraub, you exited in a rush, the rest of us watched in amazement as you managed to blurt out a welcome to her, after conversing briefly, the two of you walked arm in arm towards the aerodrome.Thinking you would not score the kill, we placed bets, some for ,some against,just as that happened an Oberst came in and spoke with Helga, overhearing their conversation, it appeared his daughter was late getting home and he was looking for her whereabouts,Helga pointed him in the direction of the aerodrome, he left and of course we all followed.Hearing the alarm raised by the night watch at the field, we ran to the Gotha hangar, the Oberst in the lead,there was the young fraulien yelling at the top of her lungs at Matthias who was half hanging half falling from the
Gothas rear gunners spot, vomit covering the front of her fine dress, she jumped from the Gotha and slapped you across the face,"you told me you were going to show me the big bomb,not your little bottle rocket, you swinehund" she said angrily.The Oberst pulled his daughter away and began to yell at you while you buttoned your trowsers,and used your sleeve to clean your face.Out of nowhere a right uppercut clapped the Oberst jaw shut and out cold he went, you spun completely around and right into the barrels of the rear twin mount,hitting your head, down you went.The rest of us were stunned and every one fell quiet.Quickly a plan was hatched as Baurnopher sweet talked the fraulien, gave her our bet money for a new dress and walked her home,Vorlander ordered me,vonHipple,Numm,and Lupfsh to carry the Oberst to the medical tent,von Kramer,Geyer,Stein,and Chunko were to carry you back to your quarters Rumey and the rest tried their best to clean up the hangar and Gotha.Later back at barracks as everyone tried to sleep you stirred and mumbled in you sleep,"damn missed that bomb drop" everyone broke out in laughter.

J5_Matthias
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 18 Sep 2013, 20:41

Not bad. Obviously I didn't get the girl -tragic but entirely appropriate. If it wins, I'll ask you send me the exact date it occured for my records.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Mueller
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Mueller » 19 Sep 2013, 06:48

Oh yea, Salute and congrats to Herr Numm,G.D.,Bauernopher,Flashar, and Matthias, great work guys. 8)

J5_G.D
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Unread post by J5_G.D » 19 Sep 2013, 19:23

Thx to all ..im very happy with the promotion !!!!
like the first days with you all ..i will miss something if i cud not fly with you !!!
SALUTE !
J5_G.D.

Image Image

J5_Wolf
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Wolf » 19 Sep 2013, 22:03

Congrats Men....Good Work!
J5_Wolf, Ltn.
"Know your enemy and use it against him."

Image Image
Image-Image

J5_Bauernopfer

Unread post by J5_Bauernopfer » 20 Sep 2013, 06:56

Na Du alter Jeck!
Glückwunsch zum Feldwebel!!
And Numm, congrats on a highly deserved Blue Max!
Welcome to the club... :mrgreen:

(And Matthias, congrasts on your promotion to Fähnrich... again :lol: )
Bauernopfer
Feldwebel
Jagdstaffel 5

J5_Numm
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Unread post by J5_Numm » 25 Oct 2013, 11:37

Salute!!

Had awsome flights & fights in all these months flyin in one of the best flightgroups
of ROF.

Congrats on Prom. Serv.aw. and Arch, all of you.

see us over flanders
Berti wants to kill crumpets