DR1 Turning Tips

This is a repository of useful information from pilot flight reports etc to assist with pilot development. Please keep replies relevant to the subject line of the thread. When creating a new thread, please title the subject "Topics:" followed by brief descriptor of the topic(s) involved in your posting. This helps readers find information most useful/of interest to them.
J5_Immortal
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

DR1 Turning Tips

Unread post by J5_Immortal » 02 Aug 2015, 11:43

To those new DR1 Pilots:

In this video I hope to help new Rise of Flight DR1 pilots battling to sharply turn the Fokker DR1 in dogfight situations. I explain the quickest way in my opinion to turn the Dr1. I explain the right turn, the flip-over and the left turn. It will take lots of practice doing these turns shown in this video, but once achieved, the DR1 can be deadly in any close dogfight. In this video I was flying with a fuel load of 15% to make things a bit easier. Once you have mastered the technique you will able to do the same manauvers at higher fuel levels e.g. 60%. Watch to the end to also see my recommendation on curve settings that will help a lot in performing quicker left turns.

https://youtu.be/YqcWbvA9JiQ
The biggest battle must still be won, conquering self...

J5_Vorlander
Oberfähnrich
Oberfähnrich

Re: DR1 Turning Tips

Unread post by J5_Vorlander » 03 Aug 2015, 22:48

Dankie
J5_Vorlander
Fähnrich
Jagdstaffel 5

J5_Mueller
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: DR1 Turning Tips

Unread post by J5_Mueller » 04 Aug 2015, 14:28

Good stuff Immortal, :mrgreen: subbed to your channel. Salute!