BLOODY APRIL X concluded - A word to all pilots

Pilots Check in Here! Get the latest information and details or a souvenir from Arras!
J2_drookasi
Visiting Pilot

BLOODY APRIL X concluded - A word to all pilots

Unread post by J2_drookasi » 03 May 2020, 11:37

The 10th iteration of this event has been concluded and, as this year's BLUE team's commander, I would like to express some of my thoughts.

First and foremost I want to express my deep appreciation and respect to the Jasta 5 people. BLOODY APRIL is running for 10 years already and this year they set a new standard by moving the event from RoF to FC. This allows us to be optimistic that the event shall continue to be the annual highlight of the WWI fly simmers community. Many thanks are also in order for the continuous operation of the Flugpark server where we can enjoy our hobby. Matthias, Baeumer, respect!

Thanks to all pilots, of both teams, that have dedicated time and effort to play following orders while trying to accomplish tasks. This had been a demanding procedure adding a different dimension to our casual daily playing. All have contributed to the success of the event. I would like to specifically mention the new pilots, people who had not a previous experience of such an event. I welcome them, I hope that they enjoyed the experience and that they are already looking forward for the next year's Bloody April.

Congratulations to the RED team commanders, Lucas and I believe Adler_Blau(?) who had led their team in victory for this year's event. Worthy opponents both, with tons of event-leading experience, they created a demanding operational environment and contributed heavily to the experience we have all lived through. They once again demonstrated that they are 'fair-players' trying to constructively contribute to addressing possible bugs in the event.

And of course a huge 'thank you' to the BLUE team pilots who have followed my orders, materialized my plans, made valuable proposals, demonstrated initiative and imagination while adhering to the plan, and spent long hours reading, thinking and flying. You gentlemen have done a fantastic job and your performance had been excellent.

I am applauding everyone that participated in BA X, I am half bowing in respect and then offer a crisp salute and I am looking forward to fly with you or against you in the virtual skies.
Staffelfuhrer Jasta 2 Boelcke
www.jasta2.org
DISCORD Jasta 2 -Boelcke-: https://discord.gg/E8arPEV

Niiranen-VR
Visiting Pilot

Re: BLOODY APRIL X concluded - A word to all pilots

Unread post by Niiranen-VR » 03 May 2020, 12:59

thank u
I think it was great , I have never really been in team before - I normal go in when I have 1 hour or 2
But I think it was great to be in a team and be together / do something 👍

Actually it was an 'accident' I now have the FC , course I was flying my BF-109 and have no interest in share my time in 2 games ........but'eeeeeeeh ...... Then there were An offer not so long ago .....so .....
I still don't use my time shared to 2 games ..... Now my favourite is the FC 👍

Well , I'm at the bottom at the list - but , I'll be better until next campaign 🤔

The short : thank you 🙏🤝😁

J5_HellCat_
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Unread post by J5_HellCat_ » 03 May 2020, 13:12

S~ Drookasi ....Thanks for all the time and effort you put into the mission planning and organization.
It was very much appreciated ! S~ to all who participated !

J5_Klugermann
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Klugermann » 03 May 2020, 13:54

Thanks for all your time and effort Drook, greatly appreciated. S! to all who participated.
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

BA_1PL_Lucas
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by BA_1PL_Lucas » 03 May 2020, 14:37

S!

This is a copy of my post from the FC forum

S!

I would like to thank Jasta 5 for keeping this great even going on through the last 10 years, especially Baeumer and Matthias. Without your server upkeep (and $$$ spent on hosting) we would not have BA or daily Flugpark missions. Finally, the Bloody April keeps the community together and brings new faces to the multiplayer and organised events.

Secondly, I would like to thank Adler for his leadership for the Red Team. While perhaps I was more visible on the Discord, giving orders, Adler was responsible for the general strategy, planning and creating 'sign in' sheets for the players. We spent a good amount of hours planning tasks for the Red Team and without his input this would not be the same. I am also thankful for Adler Legion pilots who were flying all the missions with a great dedication.

Third, my S! goes to the Blue Team and J2 Drookasi for leading them. Again, as usual, the event was full of sportsmanship and we were able to quickly discuss any issues regarding the scoring or other situations. Thank you!

The win would not be possible without a Red Team individuals. This time, I would like to praise pilots who flew as independent ones. You know, it is always easier to assign virtual squadrons because you know their value. During the BA X things were slightly different in my opinion. Those who made the difference were our Mercenary Pilots who were able to show extraordinary skill and were not afraid to take any orders or planes. Redman, Cuban, Olivier, Zatch, Snowy, Joker, Father Ted, Oorpii, HagarTheHorrible, RubberDucky, ElMarta and Hellequin13 - big S! and thank you!.

Finally, I would like to thank all virtual squadrons taking part in the BAX as a Red Team: Adler Legion, No56, No74, -IRRE-, US93 and US213, WIS and my 1.PL. We did a good job! Way to go!

Lucas
plk pil.Lucas
CO of 1.Pulk Lotniczy
http://www.1pl.boo.pl

J2_Seya
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by J2_Seya » 03 May 2020, 14:47

Thanks for all the fun!. This was my first Bloody April and it sure won't be my last!

J5_Gamecock
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Gamecock » 03 May 2020, 15:55

S! Drookasi.

The time and effort you put into leading us this year was evident in the planning and did not go unnoticed. Considering all the factors, I think we did better than anticipated owed largely to your leadership. Thank you.

Congratulations to Adler, Lucas and all the pilots of the Red team. You fought well, and made this years event very exciting. S!

S! and thank you also to all participants friend and foe alike. Some of you I've known for 10-15 years others just met in the last few weeks. It was great to fly with and against all of you.

GC
The Kickin Chickin
Image Image

J2_Bidu
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by J2_Bidu » 03 May 2020, 17:50

A big thank you to Jasta 5 for hosting this great pot of fun that is Bloody April, despite all challenges, game problems, etc., I liked it a lot, once again.

A big thank you to Drookasi for leading us in the Blue team. I salute my fellow team members and our valiant foes.

May we all be there again next year!

J5_Spyboy
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Unread post by J5_Spyboy » 04 May 2020, 10:06

Thank you J2_Drookasi for the considerate, inspired, leadership and planning. A lot of time and effort has clearly gone into this role.
Congratulations to the Red team for their victory.
Thanks to all the Blue team pilots, some of whom I have flown against in the past (usually with little success) it was great fun. I hope we will all be here next year.
Salute All

J5_Winkelmann
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Unread post by J5_Winkelmann » 05 May 2020, 10:18

Mr. Drookasi,

Thank you very much for your time and the effort you put into this event. I click my heels, stand at attention and give you the snappiest salute possible. Great job, well done. I was an honor serving under you.

Zeredbaronn,
Gefreiter Jasta5.

J5_Chunko
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Chunko » 09 May 2020, 10:57

~S~ Drookasi,

Excellent leadership, as always, good planning and well organised.
~S~ to all that took part.

Chunko
J5_Chunko Oblt
"See him, Kill him and leave as quickly as possible"

Image Image
ImageImageImage