Modelers Corner

All things models. Beware the fumes!
J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 09 May 2011, 10:56

lol, Flash, every man needs a dadcave.
Here's mine. I have no idea how old I will get, but I'm afraid somehow I will not get all of these finished. :(

About the Voss decals. If they are so old that they have a real swastika, I would be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interested. They are hard to come by in this politically correct era. :roll:
I think I've used the only correct set I have on this one.

The only J5 I've finished up to now. Apart from the rigging.

*I do not master the subtleties of an anglo native speaker. If you can't handle that, try addressing me in my own mothertongue.
*I have a peculiar sense of humour. That's just the way it is. Please notice the emoticons.

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 10 May 2011, 22:25

You were right, Rumey: it's the Pheon decals I pre-ordered.
I ordered J5 sheet 1 and 2. The Wolf sheet is a seperate one. I ordered 2, just incase something goes wrong.
I hope they will publish the Hannover sheet soon too. Thogether with the Roland "Wallfisch" my favourite 2seater.

Actually, I'd like to get my hands on the fish skin decals for the Roland as well. Airbrushing that in 1/72 is not my cup of tea.
*I do not master the subtleties of an anglo native speaker. If you can't handle that, try addressing me in my own mothertongue.
*I have a peculiar sense of humour. That's just the way it is. Please notice the emoticons.

J5_Rumey
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Rumey » 11 May 2011, 04:28

Nice bird Voss! Oder Du hast ein Vogel Voss?!? he he Good stuff pretty plese let me know what you think about thoose decals when you get them, also some photos would be nice.

J5_Rumey
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Rumey » 20 May 2011, 06:37

SUper work really Voss. Was looking over them again and that really is some great detail for 1/72. Really would have to come over to Belgium this summer give ya a visit talk models over a few Bier!!!

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 20 May 2011, 17:42

Deal ! Give a shout before you stop by, so I can put on my trousers.
:lol:

J5_Nash

Unread post by J5_Nash » 22 May 2011, 11:23

Hmm Belgium isnt realy that far away, must renew my passport, make a weekend of it?

J5_Rumey
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Rumey » 22 May 2011, 19:36

Sounds good!

How about june?

J5_Bäumer
Adjutant
Adjutant

S! Dwaynewilly!

Unread post by J5_Bäumer » 19 Jun 2011, 14:54

Incredible!!!!

View much if not all of the Jasta 5 paint schemes in this modeled complete recreation of Jasta 5! It is a long slide show, but make sure you watch the entire thing. It appears to start to repeat itself, but it is not; make sure you see the entire show!
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... =slideshow

View this artisans other projects and tutorials on wood grain painting for planes etc.
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt316/dwaynewilly/
Prosit!

Image Image

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 20 Jun 2011, 10:01

That's weird: I didn't see the may 22 posts until Bäumer's post ?!
Anyways: you guys serious about meeting ?!
A modelweekend, Flash ?
I was planning to drive to Boistrancourt this summer, but I seem to remember Rumey was there before.

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 26 Apr 2012, 14:47

Good news as well after all the grim posts since BAII started !
While waiting for the lazy Pheon to start printing again I ordered the Bavarian diamonds elsewhere and the escutcheons for Wolf's DVa at PrintScale. Twice. Just in case things go wrong. I know myself. It took them two months to get here. So now I can sleep on both ears and never touch my kits again. :D :) :lol: :wink:

J5_Wolf
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Wolf » 26 Apr 2012, 17:08

Hey Voss
If you don't need the 2nd set I would be happy to buy them from you. I am looking to do the DVa myself as well in 1/32 scale. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing a little white dog next to my pretty plane too.... :wink:
J5_Wolf, Ltn.
"Know your enemy and use it against him."

Image Image
Image-Image

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 26 Apr 2012, 20:41

Sorry, Wolfie, I only deal in braille scale. I'm not that old yet that I have to move up to duplo size. :wink:
If you ever decide to do some real modeling, give me a shout and I'll send you the second one if it survived. :wink: :wink:

J5_Vorlander
Oberfähnrich
Oberfähnrich

Unread post by J5_Vorlander » 26 Apr 2012, 22:04

Great postings Gents.

I have had my alb DVa from wingnutWings.com for more than a year. Order beginners and advance modeling books from amazon.com two weeks ago.

I will surely ask for advice when I start. Going to Order a Pfalz DIIIa soon.
Please post more pictures. Love looking at them.

Vossie, love ur "man gave" with all the models. Wow.
J5_Vorlander
Fähnrich
Jagdstaffel 5

J5_Wolf
Leutnant
Leutnant

Unread post by J5_Wolf » 27 Apr 2012, 18:30

I just finished a N17 waiting to add the decals now! I'm looking for a really nice set. I may have to do my own though. Once I get that finished I'll post some shots here then I'm gonna start my DIII..Thanks Vossie I enjoy the bigger models.....You can see here by my War room as I like to call it. I have a lot of 1/18 scale models hanging around....These are MONSTERS!

J5_Wolf, Ltn.
"Know your enemy and use it against him."

Image Image
Image-Image

J5_Voss
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Voss » 27 Apr 2012, 18:43

You do your own decals ?! :shock:
Which means you have a laser printer then ? I'd like to be equipped with one. Anything is possible then. Bloody luxury !
But if you do your own, then why ask for my doubles ?