2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
Battle of Vendin - "Lifeline"
Date: October, 1917
The German army is using canal barges to get their supplies to the lines. This makes the transfer points a priority target for the Royal Flying Corps. RFC 46 squadron, which is just converting from Pups to Camels, are ordered to attack every ship between Don and Vendin. as well as trucks just behind the lines. 59 Sqn, flying the RE.8, has been ordered to destroy the transfer points, a fuel depot and train station, in Don and Vendin. RFC 40 Sqn with Se5as and RFC 11 with Bristols, will provide top cover.
Jasta 12 and 18 are stationed nearby and will be protecting their airspace in their Albatros DVa, Pfalz DIIIa and a handful of the new Fokker Dr1 scouts. The German Flieger Abteiling has been assigned various objectives: Photo recon objectives and two tactical ground targets; enemy artillery and vehicles east of Bethune.
Important: completing any of these objectives will unlock new Camels or Fokker Dr1s. To complete the recon objective: Take a plane labeled "Recon", load a camera and fly to the objective area. The camera icon will pop up when over (one edge) of the target.
Weather: Wind is moderate, blowing from the North East, 4 - 5 m/s. Cloud base at 1250m. Some turbulance at lower altitudes.