2) Register for the Jasta 5 Parser at http://stats.jasta5.org.
3) Register on this event forum. Please be sure you put "BAS_" in front of your forum user/profile name initially until your account is activated. Otherwise you may be mistaken for a webbot. Register on this forum and activate your account by clicking on the link in the confirmation email sent to you. If you do not receive the automated activation email within 10 minutes, check to see if it is in your SPAM box.
4) Before you can post on the forum, you must:
a) add yourself to the correct user group for the campaign of interest.
To add yourself to the user group go into the "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of the forum window and select "Usergroups". Select the button next to "Black September" or "Bloody April". Look for the "Submit" button on the bottom right of the page.
b) Make "Black September" or "Bloody April" user group your default user group
To set your default group you must go back to the Usergroups page and select the user group for the campaign you are wanting to participate in and look for the "Make Default" button at the bottom left of the page.
If you don't do both of these actions (add yourself to the campaign of interest user group AND make it your default user group), you must wait to be added to the group by an administrator before you can post. Until you make a post as a member of the campaigns user group, you will not be able to see various forums and files such as the rules. You will receive an automated email when you have been added to the user group by an administrator manually. Please be patient as we must sort out spam registrations from valid ones and delete spammer posts during "open" registration. Once the event begins the spammers will be locked out. You don't need to wait if you join the user group yourself and set your "default" user group yourself as described above.
5) It is important to post on the "Pilot Check-In" thread and say hello immediately upon activating your account and joining the campaign of interest user group (and making it your default group) as described in the steps above. This confirms your forum registration is complete and that you have all the rights and privileges needed. Making a post is important since it proves that you are not a spam account and the forum will treat your account better and it will make our jobs easier managing all the accounts correctly.
Please help your teammates and others who may have trouble with the above. It does work! Most problems are user errors because pilots do not complete steps #4 and #5.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 15:48
This mission is unique in a couple of ways.
1. There is only 1 photo recon for each side, you must take the recon plane with a camera to complete the mission,
however you will NOT get the camera icon, either at mission start or over target. Instead, you will get subtitles
which direct you what to do. It is a rather large area that requires 2 full circuits to complete. Down and back is
considered 1 full circuit. Also *VERY IMPORTANT* the recon plane must land at the same aerodrome where it left
from, it will NOT count to land at any other friendly active aerodrome.
2. The Artillery Spotter mission must be done with the arty spot aircraft with a radio. You must stay in the area
marked on the map for 5-6 minutes to conduct the spot. If you leave the area, it will pick up where you left off
when you re-enter the zone. Subtitles will inform you of the progress.
3. Subtitles of recon and arty missions will be visible to each respective side, but not the enemy side. This
allows better coordination of fighters with the two seaters for those who aren't on same teamspeak or have no comms.
Bombing: Targets are marked on the map and can be destroyed any time.
Observation balloons will fire two red flares when they see enemy aircraft approaching.
Weather report: A Northern wind is blowing at 3-4 m/s. Medium clouds at 1200m.
It also features an interesting plane set as follows:
Entente- Se5 -unlimited
Camel - 12x
RE8 - 9x
DH4 - 6x
Central- DVa - unlimited
Pfalz DXII - 12x
DR1 - 12x
DVII - 10x
DIII - 12x
DFW - 9x
Halberstadt CLII 200hp - 6x
For those who still have an appetite for action after Black Sept. on Saturday, it should prove to be an interesting
Sunday Good luck S!
Start time: 1900GMT