- Posts: 2135
- Joined: 03 Jun 2006, 08:07
- Location: Boistrancourt, France
1. If you have not already done so, report immediately to the Recruiting Tent sidebar link at http://www.jasta5.org and follow instructions there for application to the German Army Air Service and Jasta 5.
2. Register on this forum and follow instructions for activating your account (you must click a link in an activation email sent to you during the registration process).
3. Log back on to the forum after you activate your account.
4. Join the "Rekruit" user group. To join the Rekruit group after logging on to the forum:
- click on the User Control Panel (UCP) in the upper left corner of the forum window.
- click on "Usergroups".
- click the radio button located far right of the "Rekruit" user group
- scroll down to the bottom of the page
- make sure the drop down menu indicates "join group" and click submit
- click "Yes" to confirm and wait to be taken back automatically to the previous page.
You should now see "Rekruits" listed as a group you are a member of.
- select the radio button that now appears to the left of the "Rekruit" group.
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Default Group" in the lower left corner and confirm submit changes.
5. IMPORTANT: make a post here confirming that you have submitted your application AFTER joining the Rekruit user group described above. Click on the Luftstreitkräft header link to be taken into the forum area to make your post.
6. After you have made your first post on the forum, scroll down and locate the newly appearing "New Recruit Induction and Orientation" forum area. Follow the additional instructions found there.
Also look for a thread to appear shortly in the Pilots Lounge with your name on it here:
NOTE: new recruits are initially given probationary access to areas on the forum but are not able to post as they read, watch, learn. At the conclusion of your probation, (as you become involved with the Jasta and get promoted and participate in the life of the group more fully via our Discord communications and flying with us) you will be able to view/post more freely throughout the forum. This helps new recruits not make any mistakes or blunders early in their career.
7. Ask questions!
Congratulations on starting your career with the Greentails of Jagdstaffel 5! Your success will be our success!
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 11 Feb 2020, 15:05
Your team work and discipline as well as general personalities seem to work well with mine.
I Fly a few sims, such as DCS and X-plane as well as FC and GB and have been flying sims since RB3D and generally Central but can go either way.
If accepted I'd like to fly in the general fighter wing J5 and run a bomber when necessary.
S` and hope to fly again with you soon
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Aug 2020, 23:40
As a kid, I was fascinated by WW1 and WW2 planes, built models, read books. I started online flight sims with Air Warrior way back in the day, then started playing Microsoft Combat Flight Sim. After the Pacific Theatre expansion of CFS, I joined and inherited joint command of a Japanese Army Airforce squadron, the 27th Sentai. I loved and miss the teamwork and camaraderie of flying with a squad.
Flash forward many years, the flight sim bug struck again. I got DCS, but I don't like modern jet sims, and I really wanted a good multiplayer experience. I had heard about IL 2 for years, but didn't get it until about the first of this year. I played Rise of Flight for a while before that, and I really enjoyed the WW1 planes. I've been flying mostly in Wings of Liberty and Combat Box servers and I really like the Pe2.
Anyway, I bought Flying Circus this past weekend and here we are. Sunday was my first session with the circus and in the Flugpark, and I couldn't have lucked into a better group of guys. Good to be here!
1LT_RAGNUTS aka James
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av2H1a2BvLbflyNAWQL ... 7?e=gS4axP
The link gets you the J5-skins..
Unteroffizier der Deutschen Luftstreitkräfte.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 05 Apr 2020, 07:53
I've finally decided to take the leap and join a squadron after flying on the server recently.
I've been an enthusiast of WW1/2 airplanes, model builder, skin maker and casual RoF/FC player for a number of years.
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 30 Mar 2020, 05:26
- Location: Denmark