1. If you have not already done so, report immediately to the recruiting tent at http://www.jasta5.org and submit an application to the German Army Air Service and Jasta 5.
2. Register on this forum and follow instructions for activating your account (you must click a link in an activation email sent to you during the registration process).
3. Log back on to the forum after you activate your account.
4. Join the "Rekruit" user group. To join the Rekruit group after logging on to the forum:
- click on the User Control Panel (UCP) in the upper left corner of the forum window.
- click on "Usergroups".
- click the radio button located far right of the "Rekruit" user group
- scroll down to the bottom of the page
- make sure the drop down menu indicates "join group" and click submit
- click "Yes" to confirm and wait to be taken back automatically to the previous page.
You should now see "Rekruits" listed as a group you are a member of.
- select the radio button that now appears to the left of the "Rekruit" group.
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Default Group" in the lower left corner and confirm submit changes.
5. IMPORTANT: make a post here confirming that you have submitted your application AFTER joining the Rekruit user group described above. Click on the Luftstreitkräft header link to be taken into the forum area to make your post.
6. After you have made your first post on the forum, scroll down and locate the newly appearing "RoF New Recruit Induction and Orientation" forum area. Follow the additional instructions found there.
NOTE: new recruits are initially given probationary access to areas on the forum but are not able to post as they read, watch, learn. At the conclusion of your probation, (as you become involved with the Jasta and get promoted and participate in the life of the group more fully via Teamspeak and flying with us) you will be able to view/post more freely throughout the forum. This helps new recruits not make any mistakes or blunders early in their career.
7. Start visiting us on Teamspeak via the Radio Room at http://www.jasta5.org. Ask questions!
Congratulations on starting your career with the Greentails of Jagdstaffel 5!
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 06 Mar 2021, 01:04
I have been flying with some of you guys recently, having found myself spending more time on Flying Circus instead of Wings over Flanders Fields. I really enjoy the multiplayer with your fellow members. Thanks for sending me the information on how to join!
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 02 Apr 2021, 17:25
I've been flying in games and campaign with Jasta 5, most recently with Kette 4 Red flight in Operation Michael. It's been a blast flying with such an organized and communicative squadron.
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 00:24
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
I promise to give you nice things to say on FB about me this time.
But seriously mueller and myself sometimes do unofficial training nights at 9pm for whoever wants to join in. Most practice is usually,however, just working together giving one another kills and trying to avoid collisions from drunk ai.
- Posts: 842
- Joined: 15 Sep 2006, 01:13
- Location: South East, South Carolina
If you have not already done so please use the link below and follow the directions laid out by Herr Baumer so that we may get you processed fully. In this link you will get all the information you need in order help you get a smooth transition into the unit. I have noticed you have already chosen a historical name and the pilot associated with that name has been inactive for some time so I don't see a issue with using it. However if you wish to see a historical list of names or you wish to use a different name then that link can help you. you are correct Cremer does have some impressive skins and we would love seeing a Cremer in our unit.
Again Welcome aboard