1. If you have not already done so, report immediately to the recruiting tent at http://www.jasta5.org and submit an application to the German Army Air Service and Jasta 5.
2. Register on this forum and follow instructions for activating your account (you must click a link in an activation email sent to you during the registration process).
3. Log back on to the forum after you activate your account.
4. Join the "Rekruit" user group. To join the Rekruit group after logging on to the forum:
- click on the User Control Panel (UCP) in the upper left corner of the forum window.
- click on "Usergroups".
- click the radio button located far right of the "Rekruit" user group
- scroll down to the bottom of the page
- make sure the drop down menu indicates "join group" and click submit
- click "Yes" to confirm and wait to be taken back automatically to the previous page.
You should now see "Rekruits" listed as a group you are a member of.
- select the radio button that now appears to the left of the "Rekruit" group.
- scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Change Default Group" in the lower left corner and confirm submit changes.
5. IMPORTANT: make a post here confirming that you have submitted your application AFTER joining the Rekruit user group described above. Click on the Luftstreitkräft header link to be taken into the forum area to make your post.
6. After you have made your first post on the forum, scroll down and locate the newly appearing "RoF New Recruit Induction and Orientation" forum area. Follow the additional instructions found there.
NOTE: new recruits are initially given probationary access to areas on the forum but are not able to post as they read, watch, learn. At the conclusion of your probation, (as you become involved with the Jasta and get promoted and participate in the life of the group more fully via Teamspeak and flying with us) you will be able to view/post more freely throughout the forum. This helps new recruits not make any mistakes or blunders early in their career.
7. Start visiting us on Teamspeak via the Radio Room at http://www.jasta5.org. Ask questions!
Congratulations on starting your career with the Greentails of Jagdstaffel 5!
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 29 Aug 2016, 09:19
That should get you sorted, if not, I'll talk you through it on discord
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Jan 2021, 22:46
So a little about me. I'm 43 and from Huntsville, Alabama. I'm a big tabletop wargamer and PC milsim and wargame player. This would be the second milsim clan I've joined, the first being the II-Corp, 6th Lousiana Regiment for War of Rights. I value being a teamplayer above all else in a dedicated milsim like Flying Circus. I look forward to flying with you all on a more regular basis. If there is anything else you need from me to join, please let me know.
Thanks! Paul "marvingardns" Lindgren
- Visiting Pilot
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 30 Jan 2021, 17:23
I've been having some of the most fun I've ever had flying here over the past week thanks to Jasta 5. I'm looking forward to the upcoming training events and flights, I hope that one day I too can proudly sport the green tail.
Just a quick bit about myself,
I'm state side, CST. 32,
I've been flying ww2 sims since the IL-2 46, I picked up FC about a year ago and spend 90% of my flying time with that. I'm a huge fan of military history, aviation and WW1. I'm attracted to how organized Jasta 5 is, and everyone I've met has been helpful and a blast to fly with. I hope to be an official apart of that in the future!
See you in the sky!
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 16 Feb 2020, 21:25
You did really good Sunday-night! Keep it up!