Black September 3 Week 2 Results

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States of America

Black September 3 Week 2 Results

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 16 Sep 2018, 11:49

Very balanced turnout from both teams on this mission. The high command for the Central Team chose to just leave their lost Gotha squadron to a certain fate of death or captivity in a French prison camp. You monsters! Certainly a ballsy choice and it appears to have paid off... Entente bombers ran into heavy fighter coverage over ground targets and frequently found their own ground forces stalled by Central bombers. After early progress in the North West, the rest of the ground combat completely stalled out well short of Entente objectives.

WEEK 2 MISSION 3
RED (Entente) 18 vs BLUE (Central) 20
North Front: 4 / 4
Central Front: 1 / 8
Southern Front: 1 / 8
Special Objective (Gothas): 12 / 0

TOTALS:
Entente: 11+18 = 29
Central: 7+20 = 27
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J2_Bidu
Visiting Pilot

Re: Black September 3 Week 2 Results

Unread post by J2_Bidu » 19 Sep 2018, 21:02

A great game.

We had doubts on the effects of some choices... ;)

To save us from such a fate again, can you clarify, for the Macedonian Map, what exactly constitutes a rout, an orderly retreat and a disorderly retreat on those three areas?

And why the hell are all the Kaiser's men on the run?! What kind of an army is this?!! :shock:

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 20 Sep 2018, 02:01

For clarification on the Macedonia map.

For the purpose of scoring both the Bulgarian Northern and Southern retreats:

An "orderly retreat" occurs when 21 or more individual vehicles/wagons make it to the exit point over the course of the mission.
A "disorderly retreat" occurs when at least 11 but less than 21 individual vehicles/wagons make it to the exit point over the course of the mission.
A "rout" occurs when 10 or less individual vehicles/wagons make it to the exit point over the course of the mission.

Regarding the Kaiser's men retreating from Lake Dorian. Without the Bulgarian Army (approximately 290 battalions strong at this point) holding the majority of the line, the Germans cannot stand their ground. The Bulgarians -despite their relative numerical strength- at this point consider the wider war lost and are looking for a way out with as little damage to their national infrastructure and as few casualties as possible. The "11th Army" at this point constitutes a single Corps size unit of only 10 battalions, as opposed to the 3 full strength Corps it began the war with.

For the purposes of scoring the German 11th Army retreat:

An "orderly retreat" (Light Casualties Text) occurs if 6 or more barges of troops make it across the lake.
A "disorderly retreat" (Moderate Casualties Text) occurs if at least 2 and less than 6 make it across the lake.
A "rout" (Catastrophic Casualties Text) occurs when less than 2 barges make it across the lake.

I hope that gives you all the information you need!
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

US103_Baer
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by US103_Baer » 20 Sep 2018, 02:57

J5_Matthias wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 02:01
An "orderly retreat" occurs when 21 or more individual vehicles/wagons make it to the exit point over the course of the mission.......

An "orderly retreat" (Light Casualties Text) occurs if 6 or more barges of troops make it across the lake....
Thanks Matthias.
Just for clarity, i assume the in-game text messages (light, moderate, catastrophic casualties) are displayed similarly for all 3 retreat objectives - Bulgarian North and South, plus German via ships?
Else how would Entente know when they've destroyed enough vehicles/wagons for a retreat to be categorised as 'disorderly' or 'rout'?

JG1 Luftritter

Unread post by JG1 Luftritter » 20 Sep 2018, 18:32

It would be helpful to know the total number of vehicles and barges, to get an idea of how many could be lost and still achieve the stated goals. S!

PS, isn't week 3 another Breakthrough mission in St. Mihel sector vs. Yanks?

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 21 Sep 2018, 01:31

US103_Baer wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 02:57
Thanks Matthias.
Just for clarity, i assume the in-game text messages (light, moderate, catastrophic casualties) are displayed similarly for all 3 retreat objectives - Bulgarian North and South, plus German via ships?
Else how would Entente know when they've destroyed enough vehicles/wagons for a retreat to be categorised as 'disorderly' or 'rout'?
No, the Bulgarian messages reflect the way I explained "Rout", "Disorderly / Disarray", and "Good Order". The Bulgarians are actively retreating behind a rear guard of defensive units.
The German Army messages provide the light, moderate, catastrophic casualties messages. The Germans are literally attempting to escape across the lake packed on barges like cattle. They either arrive at their destination with some capability to carry on as a fighting unit or do not.

The Entente is not informed of the effects of their efforts in destroying these units until the end of the map. It's up to the pilots to provide accurate kill reports back to their commanders so that the commanders can make decisions regarding whether to expend more of their planes and pilots.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 21 Sep 2018, 02:15

JG1Luftritter_J4 wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 18:32
It would be helpful to know the total number of vehicles and barges, to get an idea of how many could be lost and still achieve the stated goals. S!
Total vehicles in EACH Bulgarian retreat area: 30 (easy answer)

*sigh*, Here's the complicated answer that's going to cause confusion...
The retreating units are actually scored every time they retreat to the next defensive line. Thus, the units with farther to go to the ultimate destination have the capability to "check in" for scoring more often along the route. Kill them early and you prevent them from continuing on and checking in farther down the retreat path. (3 units x 4 checks) + (3 units x 3 checks) +(3 units x 2 checks) + (3 x 1 check) = 30 total retreats REPRESENTED by 12 actual vehicles. The earlier the 12 are killed, they are prevented from continuing on and scoring more points for retreating further. It's the total check-ins along the route that are scored, not the actual vehicle kills.

Total barges in the German escape: 9 That's cut and dry.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

JG1 Luftritter

Unread post by JG1 Luftritter » 21 Sep 2018, 12:45

J5_Matthias wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 02:01
For clarification on Week 3, the Macedonia map....
Still confused as to which mission will be run in week 3. Posted rules show Breakthrough in St. Mihel region. Has this been changed?

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 21 Sep 2018, 21:50

The scheduled map for Week 3 is St. Mihel, which is a normal Breakthrough style map. We're following that schedule.

I was asked to clarify the way something worked on the Macedonia map and incorrectly made the assumption that it was next on the schedule.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

JG1 Luftritter

Unread post by JG1 Luftritter » 21 Sep 2018, 22:48

J5_Matthias wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 21:50
The scheduled map for Week 3 is St. Mihel, which is a normal Breakthrough style map. We're following that schedule.

I was asked to clarify the way something worked on the Macedonia map and incorrectly made the assumption that it was next on the schedule.

Also the test server that has been up has been the Macedonia map, each time that I've checked....so it made me wonder.

J5_Gamecock
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Gamecock » 21 Sep 2018, 23:54

JG1Luftritter_J4 wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 22:48
J5_Matthias wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 21:50

Also the test server that has been up has been the Macedonia map, each time that I've checked....so it made me wonder.
OOPS....

This is my fault. After last weeks session it was said,( by someone), that next session was Macedonian map. I never took the time to check and asked for the Macedonian map to be run on the test server.

My apologies. :oops:
The Kickin Chickin
Image Image

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 22 Sep 2018, 01:29

Correct Week 3 map now running in Test mode... weather report will be out shortly.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage