Using Teamspeak in Formation Flying

This is a repository of useful information from pilot flight reports etc to assist with pilot development. Please keep replies relevant to the subject line of the thread. When creating a new thread, please title the subject "Topics:" followed by brief descriptor of the topic(s) involved in your posting. This helps readers find information most useful/of interest to them.
J5_Wolf
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Unread post by J5_Wolf » 06 Mar 2012, 02:50

Yup your right, that's how we had it here as well. For ROF our goal is to keep it simple..... :wink:
J5_Wolf, Ltn.
"Know your enemy and use it against him."

Image Image
Image-Image

J5_Rumey
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Rumey » 06 Mar 2012, 08:30

Well if we can get it working like in example 2 under notes then cant be easier than that as:

1. Pilots dont need any set-up at all

2. PI, flight leads and so on will only have to make a whisper list once, the whisper list is to channels not persons.

So it will simply be a matter of going to the right channel. Pilots need 1 button to communicate, FL need 2 (1 push to talk 1 whisper). No pre setup necessary once you have done it once.

Example KETTE 1

KETTE 1 FL J5_Wolf J5_Schaefer

KETTE 1 J5_Vorlander J5_Rumey

Comms in between KETTE 1 FL and KETTE 1 is by push to talk as those channels are twinned. BUt Wolf and Scheafer will also hear and be able to speak to FL FL2 in KETTE 2 FL, KETTE 3 FL and so on using whisper key.

What we are trying to come away from is having to work with the whisper list each time as FL change and so on.

Schaefer

Unread post by Schaefer » 11 Jun 2020, 19:42

S~

I think Baumer got the Channel Commander function running 8) , I now have found it & set it up. I think everyone will find it if you left click on your name. I want to see how this works...keep your fingers crossed but it looks like it is sub channel within the channels. In other words you do not have to be in the channel to listen to and speak with other channel commanders in differant channels.

Last bumped by Anonymous on 11 Jun 2020, 19:42.