- Posts: 770
- Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 05:09
- Location: South Africa
1. Good idea that all JASTA 5 pilots spend a few minutes a day practicing their gunnery skills on the JASTA 5 server (if its running) before jumping into an open server (Syndicate).
This will ensure the following;
• Give confidence to new and old pilots shooting down planes.
• Fine tune your hand -eye coordination
• be relaxed before you head into an open server
• Being relaxed will ensure you don't have a death grip
on your joystick and increasing your accuracy for that first
2. Use the time to setup your “gun conversion ranges” that works
best for you.
Take a look at the videos from Herr Rumey.
http://www.jasta5.org/forums/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2479
Herr Wolf shows "Properly Zeroing in Guns"
http://www.jasta5.org/forums/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2648
3. Learn the difference in close, medium and long range
engagement on enemy planes. Pilots will notice that close range
attacks are the most effective and deadly with the least amount of
4. Use different angles of attacks (height & speed) practicing deflection
This is a key to success. A huge percentage of the time the winner
of "The Dance" is the pilot that is able (have the skill) to hit the enemy
first with great accuracy before the aggressor is ever seen.
5. Use the gunnery skills practice with 1 - 3 wingmen engaging enemy
planes. Learn to use effective communication skills (in - out calls) while
attacking the enemy.
To dove tail on this CRITICAL post....The parser should serve as an area where you can measure your progress/success and most importantly area's that need improvement. Compare yourself to the other member's as it relates to gunnery percentage, time in server and air kills. ALSO I would highly recommend that we all take landing/RTB-ing here a tad more seriously....When you run out of ammunition take a minute to find the base and execute a good landing.
The parser can be found HERE: