BA 7 Final Results

Analysis of photographs, written reports and other information submitted by pilots will be conducted overnight. A consolidated report will normally will be posted each Sunday by evening time GMT/UTC.

Individual pilot scores are available on the Syndicate parser. Click on Mission and then select the Bloody April mission of interest.
J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States of America

BA 7 Final Results

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 03 Apr 2017, 20:26

In our first mission, the Red Team pulled out a fairly hefty victory as Entente
BA7W1M1-Results.JPG
In our second mission, the Blue Team came back for blood as Entente, dominating the Southern sector defensively, and although they beat Red Team on objective points, the loss of of a significant number of their pilots during the mission gave the slight edge necessary for Red Tam to eek out a win by the narrowest of margins!
BA7W1M2-Results.JPG
Something slightly different this year - every time a team racks up a loss, their next win will be worth a bonus 25% more points. Bonuses stack over successive losses but after a win, the bonus then resets to 0. We're doing this to see if it helps prevent a "blowout" situation from occurring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

BA7 - WEEK 2 RESULTS

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 15 Apr 2017, 14:35

After a lot of battlefield haze, confusion, dead message runners, and broken telephone cables, the situation at the front has finally been assessed!

In the first mission, the Red team held against Blue's stubborn assaults toward Vimy Ridge.
BA7W2M1-Results.JPG
And then in the second mission, Blue team put their foot down and delivered a solid blow in return! The hefty victory combined with bonus they've stored up pushed them over the top to take the lead!
BA7W2M2-Results.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

I Got Shot
Visiting Pilot

Re: BA7 - WEEK 2 RESULTS

Unread post by I Got Shot » 20 Apr 2017, 23:47

Sorry but someone will need to tell me how Blue team scored 45.5 points in the last mission - makes absolutely no sense to me.

Shot

JG1_Dudley

Unread post by JG1_Dudley » 21 Apr 2017, 05:01

Ahem...

Blue Team only scored 26 actual points. However, because they had lost the 3 previous sessions, they were awarded a Bonus multiplier of 175% to produce 45.5.
It seems that each time a side does not win a session, it accumulates an additional 25% Bonus factor.

You'll notice that Red Team, as the loser, now has a 25% Bonus. I think if Red were to win the next session with a score of 26 (for example) it would receive a 50% Bonus multiplier to produce 26 + 13 = 39.

It's all perfectly logical! :roll:

I think Blue Team was quite foolish to win that last session. They should have planned to lose by a small amount and accumulate more and more bonuses.
That way they could just win the very last session at the end of Bloody April with some massive exponential multiplier... :?:

Actually, I've decided that I just don't want to think about this any more. I'll be there this Saturday and I think losing would be our best strategy.

I Got Shot
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by I Got Shot » 21 Apr 2017, 10:42

A bonus for accumulating losses - mmmmm.

Shot

BA_cubancoverunner

Unread post by BA_cubancoverunner » 21 Apr 2017, 23:22

Say what now? lol

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 22 Apr 2017, 17:34

BA_=TM=I Got Shot wrote:A bonus for accumulating losses - mmmmm.

Shot
Yeah go ahead and shoot me. As I explained in week 1, I was trying to come up with a way to avoid blowouts part way through the campaign. The idea was that the losing team gets a bonus for breaking out of the losing streak and coming back. Now that I'm seeing it in action I think I overdid it.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J2_Bidu
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by J2_Bidu » 22 Apr 2017, 17:49

lol

Does any of this actually changes my flying experience? I suspect it may influence my radiator.

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 24 Apr 2017, 00:22

Before anyone else gets hot under the collar on this and starts looking for pitchforks...

All side commanders were present for a vote at 2PM on 04/22.
It was decided unanimously that the bonus points for breaking losing streaks be scrapped from the campaign because it was definitely not working as intended.
Scoring will be reassessed and corrected with the Week 3 results.

Thanks,

Matthias.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

BA7 - WEEK 3 RESULTS

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 24 Apr 2017, 22:55

Note:
Prior to the first mission of the week, commanders on both sides met with Jasta 5 to discuss the scoring and unanimously voted to remove the "bonus points" for breaking losing streaks aspect of scoring from the campaign. This has been done and you will no longer see those points awarded.

Both sides had a dominating performance as Entente this week and with two back to back solid games, either side could win this campaign next week!
So call, text, email, or carrier pigeon the word to your fellow pilots - we need everyone possible to muster out and man their planes for the final week of competition!

Mission 1
BA7W3M1-Results.JPG
Mission 2
BA7W3M2-Results.JPG
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

J5_Matthias
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

BA7 - WEEK4 / FINAL RESULTS

Unread post by J5_Matthias » 30 Apr 2017, 11:23

In our final week, both sides took to the air for some nighttime flying. It always takes a while for pilots to "dial it in" for night missions because they're such a change from the normal ones.

The results from the first mission were quite average for both sides, but Red team eeked out a small lead.
BA7W4M1-Results.JPG
The second and final mission, Blue team suffered some pilot shortages. Nonetheless, they put up a gallant fight, shot down a boat load of Red bombers in the last 20 minutes, and still managed to knock out well over half the available objectives. Red team also stepped it up in this round, and were ultimately able to complete almost all of their objectives despite the heavy loss of planes.
BA7W4M2-Results.JPG
FINAL RESULT OF THE CAMPAIGN:
RED TEAM: 218
BLUE TEAM: 186

Well done both sides, and I'm happy that it remained a relatively close fight all the way through.
J5_Matthias
Jagdstaffel 5
ImageImageImage

BA_1PL_Sherman
Visiting Pilot

Re: BA7 - WEEK4 / FINAL RESULTS

Unread post by BA_1PL_Sherman » 01 May 2017, 22:05

Thanks to all pilots for game, thanks to you Jasta 5 for nice tournament. See you on Black September I hope.

Salute!
1. Pulk Lotniczy, 2. Eskadra Wywiadowcza | http://www.1pl.boo.pl | FEOW: Open beta, Piave, III | Bloody April: II, III, IV, V, VI, VII | Polish Front

J5_Karl_Loppnow
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Unread post by J5_Karl_Loppnow » 02 May 2017, 19:54

Good job everyone. Very enjoyable event!.

NEVER EVER FLY OVER THE BOMBING TARGET TWICE! That is just asking for it!

FourSpeed
Visiting Pilot

Unread post by FourSpeed » 24 May 2017, 17:50

Just an item of curiosity.

Were "Awards" for BA7 ever tallied and announced? I can't recall having seen any news of them - nbd, just curious if I missed seeing the post somewhere.

In any case, Great Campaign -- it was a lot of fun, and I truly enjoyed participating in it -- Thanks for your usual excellent hosting job, J5!

Regards,
4 <S!>

J5_Bäumer
Adjutant
Adjutant

Unread post by J5_Bäumer » 27 May 2017, 20:05

The medal factory was bombed and the medal makers tools ruined. As soon as the replacements arrive, we'll send out the medals announcement.
Prosit!

ImageImage
Image Image