Some possibel updates Jasta 5 baumer and Mai 1

Pictures (including digital) and other forms of Art.
J5_Rumey
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Some possibel updates Jasta 5 baumer and Mai 1

Unread post by J5_Rumey » 14 Apr 2012, 10:11

For the Mai 1 I have looked extremely closely to the Vintage Aviator's replica I think they have researched this bird more than anyone else. For Baumers bird I have swapped the red to black as there seems to be some research pointing towards this.

It is all up in the air, but I think they will make it in for next patch.

J5_Wolf
Retired

Unread post by J5_Wolf » 14 Apr 2012, 17:16

Nice Rumey,

Could you please send me the stuff you have on Wolf's plane, I wanted to do that other Prussian skin. Thanks again!
J5_Wolf, Ltn.
"Know your enemy and use it against him."

Image Image
Image-Image

J5_Bäumer
Adjutant
Adjutant

Unread post by J5_Bäumer » 14 Apr 2012, 20:55

Great, Rumey. This is the first time I've heard that others have been toying with the same theory I shared with you via email previously:

that the fuselage was indeed black (that less widely accepted theory has been known) but also that there was in fact a red band on the black fuselage behind the Edelweiss and that Lehmann repainted over the entire black background in effect extending the red band to cover over the black fuselage changiing it to red after inheriting the plane from me... and prior to him wrecking it! This seemed to me to explain the two different paint schemes and reconcile them with all the photographic evidence...

very cool... I'll look forward to the prospect of seein this paint scheme in game...

Guerke might be interested in this and have some thoughts that will be interesting to hear...

...of course this means the beautiful replica of my plane I have on my computer desk that was given to me as a gift, will now have to go into the "modelers shoppe" to be repainted correctly!
Prosit!

ImageImage
Image Image